Using Dropbox to share Snippets between computers
25 July 2010
I think Snippets is the best code snippets application for Mac OS X, and I have it setup with Dropbox so my snippets can by synchronised between multiple machines. There are some instructions on the fuelcollective.com website, but they didn't work for me, the following steps show how I did it.
- If your running Snippets, first quit the application.
- Create a new Folder in Dropbox, I called mine "Snippets".
- Navigate to *User Name*/Library/Application Support/Snippets, and move the database file "Snippets.xml" into the folder you just created in Dropbox.
- Hold down the option key, and start Snippets, and select "Choose Library...".
- Navigate to your new folder on Dropbox, and select "Snippets.xml".
- Performs steps 4 and 5 on your other development machines.
Now any changes Snippets on one machine, will be reflected on your others.